Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Borrowed and Blue: HSF'14 challenge #18

As I was scouring historical poetry for suitable material for this challenge, this age-old ditty popped into my head:
                                                      Something old, something new,
                                                      Something borrowed, something blue,
                                                      And a silver sixpence in her shoe

It's not likely that I'll ever be a bride, but I was wearing my white dress from challenge #10 to an event and it was in need of a sash.

The ribbon is graciously loaned from my mother's bustle dress and hat, on the understanding that I will eventually give it back. It compliments the fabric of my dress perfectly.


  • Historical Sew Fortnightly 2014 thedreamstress.com

The Challenge: Poetry in motion
Fabric: Um, no.
Pattern: Nope
Year: 1830's
Notions: Blue satin ribbon
How historically accurate is it? Completely hand sewn
Hours to complete: 2
First worn: September 27th
Total cost: Free

No comments:

Post a Comment