Sunday, June 29, 2014

Another dress for Mother

I mentioned in my last post that I'd spent most of the previous challenge making a new bustle dress for my Mom. She wore it to the Victorian Day at Los Encinos Adobe, and had a ball. 
Unfortunately, I didn't take any detail shots before the rear camera on my tablet decided to die (again) so I only have these full views. The Fabric is white cotton with a navy woven stripe and it's accented with blue moire ribbon. The bonnet is actually a 20's-style straw cloche cleverly trimmed with more blue ribbon (and I will eventually want it back, Mom.)

Mom and Mr. G

    The Adobe holds events like this a few times a year and we bring lunch and picnic on the lawn. There's a blacksmith, demonstrations, period games, and this year there was a medicine show and a band.
                                   



Some of my friends from my reenactment group came too. Does the dress on the right look familiar? *wink*
                                     

All in all, a lovely afternoon! 

Next post: Another challenge entry

No comments:

Post a Comment