Thursday, May 1, 2014

HSF '14 #8: UFO

As I've previously stated, I don't really have an unfinished projects pile. I tend not to make anything without an event/challenge to wear it for. But I do have an abundant fabric pile, and so I decided I needed a new chemise.

I've had this pink batiste for a very long time, but there was never enough to really do anything with until now. It's so light and soft and breathable, I've even started wearing it as a nightgown! 

  • Historical Sew Fortnightly 2014 thedreamstress.com

The Challenge: UFO
Fabric: Cotton batiste
Pattern:  Self drafted
Year:  Works for most of the Victorian era, but if pressed, I'd say 1850's
Notions: Thread, bias tape and ribbon
How historically accurate is it? Half machine-sewn and half hand-sewn
Hours to complete: About a day and a half
First worn: Continuously
Total cost: Free

No comments:

Post a Comment