Monday, June 3, 2013

HSF Challenge #11: Squares, Rectangles and Triangles.

I admit I phoned this one in. I had another project to work on and I could think of nothing more simple than a pair of undersleeves. I found some reasonably priced non-shiny black silk organza from Dharma Trading Company and when it arrived the sewing portion went surprisingly quickly. Afterwards I found that I had enough left over for a matching chemisette that I will eventually get around to sewing on my next spare afternoon. The chemisette and sleeves will be worn with the Hyacinth gown to the Victorian Grand Ball in November.
Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the sleeves on my arms as my regular picture taker was elsewhere.

The Historical Sew Fortnightly at thedreamstress.com

The Challenge: Squares, Rectangles and Triangles
Fabric: Silk Organza
Pattern: Um, no.
Year:  Pick one
Notions: Thread
How historically accurate is it? It's sewn completely by hand.
Hours to complete: 3
First worn:  Will be worn in November
Total cost: 9 bucks plus shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment