Friday, September 21, 2012

Progress! Well, sort of...

While the dickens dress is still in the toile stage, I'm happy to report that I have made fantastic progress on the accessories!
The Sheer black bonnet has been re-trimmed with new purple ribbons


And the black velvet pelerine is almost done


When I can get it out from under the kitty...

The young mister has taken to the pelerine with surprising relish, going so far as to try to lay on it while I'm sewing it. I finally had to lock him in the bathroom to get a kitty free picture, and when I let him out he flopped right back down.
The original plan was for the pelerine to have a hood, but the once I had it pinned together it looked terrible. I'm going with a broad collar instead.
I hope to have the toile finished in the next few days and then (hopefully) I'll begin to cut it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment